Friday, January 28, 2011

Before and After

I wanted to take weekly pictures to show how Mason's body changed throughout all of his treatments...but I didn't. I forgot I was going to do this, so I quickly took one yesterday to show a before and after:


The first was taken the day he went to simulation, about a week before radiation and chemotherapy started. The second was taken yesterday. Even after his face has filled in a bit, you can still see the differences: his chin is shaped, his neck is slim, his collar bones poke out, no arm fat, the impression in the middle of his chest is deeper, no more chubby cheeks. 

6 comments:

  1. I agree with the comparisons. You can see it in his eyes that they looked tired and have a little less sparkle. The important thing...he's still with you and improving day by day! Woohoo! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is right! Thanks for the reminder...sometimes I have to remember to look at the good things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penelope is this beautiful boy yours? Wow. He's beautiful and so courageous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor, poor guy. I think it can be hard to notice the inevitable changes that come from all the cancer side effects when you are there with them day in and day out. But these pictures are undeniable, huh? I've been thinking lots about Mason and hoping the feeding tube helps - even though its so yucky! We're praying for him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! And thanks for your prayers! They are definitely felt.

    ReplyDelete