Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Special Visit

Mason got a very special visit today, one he has been overly excited for: a visit from his wish granters! Rob and Brian will be the ones in charge of making Mason's wish come true (THANK YOU!), and they came by today to meet him.

Mason had been talking about it all day, and just before they arrived, he decided to color them each a picture to say "thank you." It was so sweet! He stood at the door as I let them in, with the pictures hidden behind his back, and happily gave them each their picture. He then exploded with energy I haven't seen in months, and ran around showing them his trains, and talking about Thomas, and being generally crazy. :) I'm serious when I say that he was excited.

We talked, and then scheduled a date for him to go and officially make his wish. Then as they stood up to leave, Mason got this worried look on his face.

"Um!" He said. When we had all turned to him, he continued in an eager voice: "My wish...is to go to Disney World."

Hehehe. I had already told him (many times, because he kept asking) that they weren't coming to ask what his wish was, they were coming to get to know him. But I guess he forgot, because his face was really worried, like he thought they had forgotten to ask. I mean, it is the most important part, right? :)

On the off-chance that someone from MAW is reading: Thank you, Make-A-Wish! You really are making his dream come true!

7 comments:

  1. That is so great! I am so glad that he gets to be a part of the Make-A-Wish Foundation! I am so happy for him! He is an angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how darling!!! I am so happy for you guys! i couldn't imagine a better place to spend some time. You deserve it too, Pene, just as much as he does. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca: Me too! I was hesitant at first, but I just know he's going to love it. Thanks for stopping by!

    Dara: Thank you! I agree, and think it is the perfect place for him to go. He went to Lagoon once last year, and thought it was the coolest thing in the world, and it took him months to stop talking about it. Imagine him at Disney World!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you guys!! =) You BOTH deserve this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOORAY!!! Let the fun and awesomeness begin! I'll sing it from the rooftops forever: Make A Wish is THE BEST!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! Yay for Mason, he deserves this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Mason and I are so looking forward to it! :) Make a Wish is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete