Monday, February 7, 2011

A Song For Mason

Edit: Okay, I forgot I was also going to add this in here, so I'll put it up here. In response to the questions I got from my last post (sorry to leave you hangin!):

Yes, Latu and Moses are coming with us on Mason's wish trip! Yay! It was all approved, and we now have four seats on a flight to Florida, leaving the morning of the 22nd. Mason has already begun giving me a list of essential items that I HAVE to pack for him. He's super excited!!


-------------------------------


Mason got a package in the mail today, with a very special song inside! 



The Songs of Love foundation has a whole bunch of musicians and song writers, who volunteer their time and talent to record personalized songs for children and teens who are "currently facing tough medical, physical or emotional challenges." 

Mason got his song today. I didn't tell him he was getting it, because I wanted it to be a surprise. It definitely was, and he absolutely loves it! He has been showing it to everybody in the house, and having us listen to it over and over and over. It's a big hit. Listen for yourself:

Words, music, and vocals are by musician Carl Allocco.



Lyrics:

He likes Buzz Lightyear
Thomas the Tank Engine train
He likes crafts, music and dancing
Oh yeah, and he likes to paint
Eating pizza and ice cream
Drinking a rootbeer

Mason, Mason Lolohea
"Silly boy!"
"Let's listen to music!"
"Bust my buffers!"
Phrases Mason enjoys
Mason Lolohea
What a boy!

He loves his mom
Grandma and papa
His two aunties and four uncles, too
Then Moses, Jenna, and baby Sila
Let's not forget the dogs, Cheif and Coco
Smiling and laughing
I bet you like having fun
Yeah?

Mason, Mason Lolohea
"Silly boy!"
"Let's listen to music!"
"Bust my buffers!"
Phrases Mason enjoys
Mason Lolohea

Mason, Mason Lolohea
"Silly boy!"
"Let's listen to music!"
"Bust my buffers!"
Phrases Mason enjoys
Mason Lolohea
What a boy!
What a boy!

Awesome, right?! I can't begin to tell you how sweet it is, to see the smile in the corner of his mouth, and the gleam in his eye, when he says: "let's listen to my song!" You all know that Mason loves music, and has lots of songs that he likes to listen to. Well, now he has his OWN song! ...and he knows it, too. What a sweet organization. It has made such a difference to Mason!

Thank you Songs of Love, and thank you, thank you, thank you, Carl Allocco!!

You can also listen to a jukebox on the SWL website, with songs that were made for a few other children, HERE.

3 comments:

  1. This gives me chills! I love the song - it's so personalized! What a darling, darling idea. It really is amazing to see how many good people are out there, isn't it? And how important one person really is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree! There are so many awesome people out there, who are so kind and who do amazing things for others. We have definitely been on the receiving these past few months, and I am SO grateful each time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, there are so many GOOD people out there. cancer certainly seems to bring them out of the woodwork. :) what a sweet thing. thinking about mason smiling at his song makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete