Thursday, March 3, 2011

An Update and a Promise

I've been MIA this past week (or weeks), and for no good reason except that I haven't felt like updating. It's been one of those weeks. I will do better this next week, since I do have a list of things to post about. And just to be sure, I am making a promise publicly so that I (*cough* and you *cough*) can old myself to it: I PROMISE to post Mason's before and after MRI pictures by Sunday! Anyway, I am SO grateful that Latu has been posting, though (Thank you), and keeping everyone up to date. She's awesome!

I just wanted to post a quick update on how Mason is doing so far.

Last week he got back from his first inpatient chemotherapies, and seemed fine. In fact, we had been told that he would be staying in the hospital for at least three days, but they let him come home on the second day because he was doing so well with the treatment.

The biggest problem he experienced after coming home was quite a bit of nausea, and having that combined with a belly full of Nutren (the stuff for his feedings; it's kind of like formula in a can), made for some very hard mornings and nights for Mason. Plus, he had just gotten a new feeding tube put in, and it kept coming back up every time he threw up. We usually just pushed it back down because it didn't come out all the way. Later, he threw the whole tube up, and it just sat dangling on both ends from the tape that attached it to his cheek. If you're a parent, I'm sure you can appreciate how darling the moment actually was, when he looked up at me and pouted like I should never have let that happen. I wanted to laugh, but he was really upset about it, so I didn't. ^_^

He has another tube in now, and it hasn't come back up at all. He has also stopped throwing up now that the effects of the chemo have worn off, and after some juggling with the dose and frequency of his feeds.

In other news, there are only 19 days left until we leave for Disney World! Mason gets more excited every day, and is still trying to pack his suitcases this early. The only change is that now he is trying to pack stuff for Moses, too, and is making sure I buy two of everything trip-related, so that Moses can have the same stuff as him. Oh, and he also has me making lists of everything he thinks we need. He lies awake at night and tells me things I need to add to "the important list."

Needless to say, we are all very excited.

Now here is more Mason movie magnificence:
Please note that ever since that first video I posted, he has been obsessed with making videos for his blog.



2 comments:

  1. Awww, he looks SO good in this video. He is definitely filling out! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. only 19 days?! hooray! i'm so excited for you guys!

    i feel you on the lack of desire to blog. i'm totally there. meh. :)

    glad to hear mason is feeling a bit better!

    ReplyDelete