Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What Can I Say? The Boy Loves Trains

...so it was no surprise when he asked me to paint a train on his face. :)


Mason is still doing great! His counts are a little low right now, but that was to be expected the week after a round of chemo. He has two appointments this weekend, including the scope (camera down his nose while he eats) that neither of us want done to him...but it's necessary, so it's going to happen. 

I'm really nervous about how he will handle it; of all the tests, pokes, scans, and other things he has had to go through, this one is the one he fears the most. He'll sit still for a poke in the arm without any numbing cream, but he screams bloody murder anytime the scope  is in the same room with him. And afterwards, he is upset for hours, instead of his usual happy brushing off that comes right after being forced to do anything else. 

The doctor said they might be able to give him versed, or another drug that help him to relax and cooperate more, but that just seems mean from my point of view. Although letting him suffer and scream while being held down seems mean, too, so I guess it comes down to whatever will get the test done the fastest. Pray for him, please! :) And I'll let you all know how it goes after it is done.

3 comments:

  1. What a handsome little boy! I love the train and tracks! His hair is growing back, Yippeey! Maybe Chris could give him a blessing before tomorrow to help him relax. :o) Hope it all goes smoothly! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I'll have to call and see if he would be able to. I can't believe I didn't think of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i'm sorry about these nasty tests coming up! we will definitely be praying for mason and the nasty scope test. blegh! i can't believe they would have him awake for it. i'm pretty sure anytime they say the word scope, there needs to be sedatives/anesthesia involved!

    ReplyDelete