Thursday, May 26, 2011

All Clear!

Mason's scan came back clear, so there's nothing to worry about! We go inpatient tomorrow after a visit with the ENT (I seriously hope that goes well), and Mason will be back on schedule with his treatments. Everything has been pushed back a little, so he will finish sometime in January of 2012, as long as there aren't any other delays.

On a personal note: It was so strange going in for Mason's MRI. We went to the PCMC outpatient building at the Riverton hospital because they had the most immediate opening. If you remember, this is the same place we went to for Mason's very first scan. We went through almost the exact same motions as that first visit, even going to get lunch while we waited for the scan.

The strange part is that I remember all the emotions I felt that day so clearly. I walked down each hall and remembered the exact conversation I had with my mom at each point, and each time I thought of the million things that could be wrong with my son. I also remember how strangely calm I was through it all, and I know that  it was because of the spirit, preparing me for what was to come.

I remembered those things like they happened moments before, but I felt none of them again. I knew the scan was fine, because the entire atmosphere of the day was different. And to top it all off, the nurse who came in and out of the MRI room was happy and bright each time she passed, and told us how well things were going. You don't do that if you know you're going to have to drop a bomb on someone 20 minutes later.

Juts a random observation. :)

And for the record: Adrianne was Mason's anesthesiologist again! That makes three or four times, now. I've talked about her before, but she's my brother's friend's wife, and is the sweetest woman! She rotates between Primary's and the Riverton extension, so it's pure chance that we have had her for all but one of Mason's MRIs. Everytime she walks up, I breathe a sigh of relief because I totally trust her. :)

3 comments:

  1. So glad he's alright!! We are praying for that little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, hooray!!! i am so glad to hear this!! i really enjoyed reading your feelings and thoughts about the difference between this scan and the one he had at diagnosis. so interesting to see the different ways that the Spirit works when we need it.

    big party in january, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad it was all clear Penelope. MRI's are the absolute worst form of torture.

    ReplyDelete