Monday, September 19, 2011

False Alarm

Alarm isn't really the right word, but I'm super tired, and can't think of another title. Long story short: Mason was admitted into the hospital and we had been there for about two hours, before someone realized that there was a mistake and his counts still aren't high enough to be admitted yet. So, after having close to two bags of fluid pumped into his body in preparation for the chemo, we were sent home with instructions--and lots of apologies--to come back on Wednesday.

Yeah.

I'm not angry, or even annoyed. I actually think it's pretty hilarious. Mason at least had time to eat a meal of pancakes while we were there, which is pretty much what he loves about the hospital; the ability to order anything and everything. I got to let someone else take care of Mason for a few hours, while I relaxed. (Really. Hospitals relax me. Go figure.)

Let's hope Wednesday brings higher counts!!


3 comments:

  1. haha, of course masey would be the one eating first thing he got there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I finally figured out how I can leave comments again...I don't know why, but I did something to my blog that made me not be able to leave comments on your blog, or anyone else's for that matter! But, I have been following Mason's progress since the beginning.

    How could they get the count wrong enough to have him admitted? That just seems like more unnecessary stress that you don't need right now.....but thank-goodness you're so positive and brought the best of the situation!

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hospitals can be relaxing when things are going alright - I agree. :) I know it's just delaying the inevitable, but sometimes that is fantastic! Glad you got a break!

    ReplyDelete