Monday, May 14, 2012

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger--Even Cancer

It's hard to explain to someone who has never experienced it, how much cancer has changed our lives--especially when I get to the part about how I'm actually grateful for the experiences of the past two years. Cancer sucks. That's true enough. And if I could do it over again, I would pick whatever path didn't lead to Mason having cancer. ANY other path. But there are no do-overs in life, and what has happened has already happened; come what side effects may. And even though it was Mason who had to deal with the hard stuff, I was also blessed to have a transformation of my own. Our experiences have brought us to a mental and spiritual place that would have taken years for both of us to reach by any other (easier) means.

Cancer didn't kill us--it made us stronger.

Nothing demonstrates that point better than this video:



Thanks to my brother Sila, for sending me this video today. It made my week!

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! This is awesome! It sure made my day too! Thanks for sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this video so much it is hard to say! It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that Mason is getting better and that you are able to see the positives in this situation. I am glad you are both stronger and have learned through this experience. Great video!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mason
    Hi My Name is Jenna
    You are a brave courageous fighter, and an inspiration.
    I was born with a rare life threatening disease, 14 other medical conditions, and developmental delays.
    Tis a lesson you should heed,
    Try, try again;
    If at first you don't succeed,
    Try, try again;
    Then your courage should appear,
    For, if you will persevere,
    You will conquer, never fear;
    Try, try again
    who invented fire? some bright spark
    http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete