Wednesday, October 3, 2012

CureSearch Walk: THANK YOU!!

SLC CureSearch Walk for Children's Cancer
THESE are the reasons I walk! 

The CureSearch walk last weekend was amazing. The turnout was astronomical! Thousands of people showed up. Take a look at these photos that another cancer mom (Kristin Torres) took, and patched together, to show how many people were there:

(Click to see the full size)

The official amount raised at the walk was a whopping $157,418!
And that's NOT including all the people who registered that morning. When they announced it, I believe it was $158,000+. 

Our team, Mason's Brain Train, was able to raise an awesome $205!!!

You have all been so generous with your time, money, and support, and we are SO grateful for your help in this! Mason is ALIVE today, because of the research this money is funding. And many other children will live as well, because of the research this money is funding. We really appreciate your support. You all rock! 

Here are some pics from the walk. I got it in my head to test my film photography skills, and only brought a film camera...which ended up being a mistake. Lessons learned.

I LOVE this picture! Look at all that chocolate brown hair!

 Mason and his posters!

These guys! :) 

 Jack Sparrow!

 Cuties!

They had a spot on the lawn marked for each team. It was pretty cool! 

 Balloons released in honor of the cancer cuties who earned their angel wings. Way too many!!!



 Cancer cuties.


The most talented face painter ever, was there!


I didn't take many pictures, but others did. The following pictures are from Legacy Photography, Vanessa Sue Photography, and Embre Photography.

The crowd. 

 A moment of silence, and releasing balloons for those who were lost to cancer (one balloon in honor of each person--there were tons of balloons).

 Mase!

 The kids starting off the walk! You can see a bit of Mason in the second row.

Black Widow, Cat Woman, and....I have no idea who the other two are. :D 

Balloon animals & crafts! 

SO many characters came! 

 Batman!



 Predator

 Mascots



 Clowns!

The awesome committee of cancer moms, who put it all together.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome awesome pictures!! Mason is amazing! I love all these pictures of him and his beautiful hair...he looks so good! I so wish I could have been there with you that morning, but I'm glad it was such a good turn out! Mason, you are a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tracy.rose@healthline.comJanuary 21, 2013 at 6:23 PM

    Hi,

    Healthline is interested in contributing a guest post to masestumortales.blogspot.com. We would be open to contributing any blog that would be of interest to your readers. Healthline bloggers have been featured on a variety of sites including:

    Washington Times: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tango-mind-and-emotion/2012/aug/10/how-healthy-choices-easy/
    Natural News: http://www.naturalnews.com/036515_diabetes_strawberries_prevention.html
    Patch.com: http://strongsville.patch.com/blog_posts/where-and-what-to-eat-in-cleveland-to-beat-the-winter-blues

    Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

    Warm Regards,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful items from you, man. I've take into accout your stuff prior to and you are simply extremely fantastic. I really like what you have obtained here, certainly like what you are saying and the way in which during which you are saying it. You're making it entertaining
    and you continue to care for to keep it wise.
    I cant wait to read much more from you. This is actually a
    great website.

    Here is my webpage :: safe diet plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful items from you, man. I've take into accout your stuff prior to and you are simply extremely fantastic. I really like what you have obtained here, certainly like what you are saying and the way in which during which you are saying it. You're making it entertaining and
    you continue to care for to keep it wise. I cant wait to read much more
    from you. This is actually a great website.

    My web site; safe diet plans
    my webpage > healthy diet plans

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb blog you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew
    of any community forums that cover the same topics discussed here?
    I'd really love to be a part of community where I can get comments from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Cheers!

    my page :: signes du cancer

    ReplyDelete